The DCAs Douglas DC-3 VH-CAN
(c/n 13506) was formerly VH-ASD and took
up its new identity on 9 August 1950 following a change
of policy concerning Departmental registration marks. It is seen
here in flight at an unknown date in the 1950s in the Melbourne area.
went on to have a long career with the Department, being the last of
the DC-3s to be retired. It was engaged on airways
survey work for much of that time.
photo of VH-CAN
Back to the main Departmental DC-3
If this page appears without menu bars at top and left, click