In November 1950 DHA-3 Drover VH-DHA was leased by DCA to Trans Australia
Airlines (TAA), repainted in full TAA colours and given the name Clifford
Peel. The aircraft was evaluated on scheduled freight services between
Melbourne and Sydney. Note that by this time it was fitted with a Dove-style
ADF antenna housing above the cockpit. DCA Drovers VH-DHA and VH-BMU
were the only two Drovers so fitted.
1950 VH-DHA was returned to DCA.
Australian Air Pix/Geoff Goodall collection)
to Departmental Aircraft index page
page appears without menu bars at top or left, click