is Building 79, the Operations/Administration building. Originally built as a
store in the early post-war years, by the time of this photo it housed the Briefing
Office (indicated by the international symbol of a black 'C' on a yellow square),
Aeradio and the Area Control Centre. The row of VHF radio antennae on the roof
attest to the latter.
moved into this building from a hut near the Control Tower in 1951.
still exists (c.2010). Click here to see 1989
& 2010 photos.
Victorian Education Department/CAHS collection
PREVIOUS - NEXT >
to the main Airports and Aerodromes
this page appears without a menu bar at top and left, click